Thursday, May 7, 2009

Weblog 2003


The first few meters with it the bike immediately felt very good: the seating position is comfortable and the steering is very light. The power felt good too. Although I couldn't try the full power, because I've got to brake the bike in first.
I suspect that I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this bike. It isn't the insane muscle bike the ZX-12R is, but it will suit Dutch conditions (i.e. speedtraps at every kilometer) better.
Too bad it's raining today.

April 27, 2003, 450 km
Boy is this bike fun! Although I'm still braking it in, I got a good idea of the potential of this bike. Like I wrote yesterday it is comfortable and very flickable. Suspension feels good too. Brakes could be a bit better, but I expect they will do a better job after braking them in too. And the engine is sooooooo smoooooooooooth. Carburation is spot on, throttle response is lovely. I suspect I can round the circuit of Assen with this bike faster than I did with the ZX-12R.

Today I drove with a couple of guys (ZZR1100+sidecar, ZX12R, Z1000) a tour of the Kawasaki Club through a nice part of the Netherlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment